3/15/2017

Accept what IS and get over it YOUR WAY!

How many phases exactly does a woman go through during her lifetime, assuming she is still sound and kicking at 70? I made a fuss about turning 30 with my first tattoo, I changed career at 45 and become a Personal Stylist, I am about to do something drastic in a couple of years to celebrate my existence for half of a century...but there is no denying that we are all getting old-er, regardless of how much we spend on botox, tummy tucks or youth regenerating skincare. There is no going back, period. It is not a concept I can easily accept but maybe I can make the process a tiny bit more bearable by changing my mindset and adopt a different lifestyle???

Image result for images of a different phases of life
  • be more in tune with the natural surrounding: easier said than done considering I am based in HK so getting out of this concrete jungle for a sabbatical at least once a year is crucial to my physical and mental  wellbeing
  • hydration is king: I always have my refill tumbler in my bag wherever I go and lots of green tea during the day
  • stay calm and de-stressed as much as possible: nothing really is worth sweating about if you look at the bigger picture
  • keep learning: I am currently addicted to crossword puzzles which I find so so challenging for someone who loves words; and I come to realise there is so much I don't know!
  • keep up with technology: not something I am particularly interested in but there might be something that make my life easier...the Moleskine Smart Pen set I bought for my birthday is kinda fun!
  • seek inspiration: from magazines, books, movies, exhibitions, networking events even just to get ideas and to stay current
  • no one is an authority: mine is just one of the many ways of doing things so don't claim to be an expert in anything! No-body knows it all!
  • get out of your comfort zone once in a while (or more frequently): I am willing to try anything new to boost my business...podcasting, video on Youtube, etc...
  • the older I get with every birthday, the more I learn to recognise my faults. I admit having messed up and I am not proud of it
  • I have found the most important qualities to have are: being flexible and resilient...nothing is set in stone and I am trying to get over unpleasant experiences as quickly as possible
  • hobbies are life-savers and I have quite a variety of them at different times of needs: cross-stitch, writing, crossword, reading, and more
  • be more selective in the kind of jobs to take and people to spend time with to minimise the chance of resentment later on
  • downsizing is the key: I am a minimalist in progress and I am writing about it in my newsletters / blogs
  • the world doesn't revolve around any of us! DO get this! 
  • It is okay to re-invent yourself many times over after midlife...I 'am' an English teacher, a personal stylist, a writer, and who knows what in the near future???
  • I don't care about what others think...in fact I never do.
  • I don't get out of my way to get someone's attention. I don't 'buy' companion or friendship for that matter either
  • And there are things I don't mind paying a little extra for at this age: extra legroom / space when I travel, decent hotel accommodation, quality food (preferably organic), quality and workable skin-care products, and anything that might help with my business moving forward

Image result for images of ageism

I am sure there are plenty more to go on as the days pass so keep an eye out for my next installment of my ageing journey!

Image result for images of ageism

Cheers,
Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment