4/12/2017

Fashion stylist vs Personal stylist

Image result for images of what do you do?



I have been asked a gazillion times over what exactly I do as a Personal Stylist; and whether I work for celebrities and the likes. Hence I wish to clarify once and for all and tell the difference between a Fashion Stylist and a Personal Stylist, in the hope of a better understanding of the roles played by respective parties.

Image result for images of fashion stylist


A Fashion Stylist is someone who works with models, celebrities, bigwigs, fashion designers, photographers, creative directors and editors in the 'glamorous' fashion world. She is responsible for creating style plans for high-profile clients and for filming, who knows how to draw and illustrate her concepts to the team members with whom meetings are held frequently and at a spur of the moment. If you work for a celebrity, you are adjusting your time to his / her schedule. 

Image result for images of personal stylist


Image result for images of personal stylist

By choosing to become a certified Personal Stylist, I have a much 'easier' life than the former. First off, my clients work with my schedule which means I have absolute control of my time and whereabouts. I get to reach out and meet more 'regular' people (women in my case) which are the majority of the populations after all. With personal shopping as part of my services, I get to source and turn my office into a swanky boutique where I sell the unique pieces which I bought with my clients in mind. I also get to be an entrepreneur too as I build my image consultancy business from scratch, learning and failing along the way. 
I am not interested in high fashion or celebrity styling but to help women developing their personal style and looking great. I am more interested in colour combination, and the psychology of it, revamping wardrobes for women who have too much but nothing to wear, and holding their hands during our shopping appointments when my clients only buy what they need and what suit them. It is about saving time and money in the long term when you no longer spend on clothing which ends up hanging in the closet and long forgotten. Above all, I get the best satisfaction when my clients learn their best colours, their style personalities and hopefully be more interested in sustainable fashion as opposed to fast fashion. 

So which one of the two careers would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment